Edward Mallows (5 May 1864 – 2 June 1915), often known
as C. E. Mallows, was an English architect and landscape architect.
He is considered to be part of the Arts and Craft movement
in British art. Mallows was born in Chelsea, London and spent
his childhood at Flatford Mill, East Bergholt, Suffolk where
his uncle ran the mill. He studied in Bedford and London.
In 1895 he opened an office in Bedford with George Grocock
and worked in the Arts and Crafts tradition designing cottages,
schools, shops and restoring churches. He was made a fellow
of the Royal Institute of British Architects in 1900 and by
the following year was the diocesan surveyor for Ely. Mallows
rented rooms adjoining those of the landscape architect Thomas
Hayton Mawson, and occasionally worked with him.